A workout isn’t a competition. Every day isn’t game day.
Can you imagine if athletes like boxers or football players had a fight or a game on the daily? It would be disastrous!
Every workout is an opportunity to learn, practice and improve, not beat yourself to a pulp. That’s why it’s called a “training session.”
Here’s what matters and doesn’t matter when it comes to your workouts:
- You felt better afterward than you did before
- Your mood is elevated
- You learned something
- You progressed in movement quality and/or strength
- You used great technique
- You felt accomplished
What doesn’t matter
- You got super sweaty
- You got sore
- Your watch says you burned a lot of calories
- You lifted lots of weight with bad form
- You got lots of rounds with crappy form
Your workout is about one person…you.