For the third year, we will hold The Beer Mile, right before St. Patrick’s Day,
on Saturday, March 14.
The Beer Mile is a mile run with a “chug” every 400 meters. Here are the rules:
- Before each 400m leg, you will chug a beer. After your first 400m, continue that 3 more times.
- Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the “transition area” which will be behind the starting line.
- If you set your can down to continue the run and there’s still beer left, the penalty will be 200m run.
- Your mile time is noted after the final 400 m run is complete.
- Wear green
- If you are drinking, arrange for a designated driver or Uber ride.
RX – participants will consume four 12oz beers (5% alcohol, no light beers)
Intermediate/Lightweight – participants will consume two 12oz beers and two 12oz root beers or club sodas
Scaled/Minor/Non-Alcoholic – participants will consume four 12oz root beers or club sodas
Entry Fee: Free
Competitors Need to Bring: your own CANNED beer or CANNED root beer
Winners earn bragging rights and choice of a shirt from our retail store!
Starting Time: 11am