Join us for the Beer Mile on March 16 at noon.
Here are the rules:
– Each athlete completes a mile run and drinks beer four times, before each 400m leg – you will start with chugging a beer, then run your first 400m, continue that 3 more times.
– Beer must be fully consumed before the lap is begun, within the “transition area” which will be behind the starting line.
– You provide your own beer, must be in a CAN and must be 5%.
– Cans are unopened, no straws or “shot-gunning.”
– If you set your can down to continue the run and there’s still beer left, the penalty will be a 200m run.
– Your mile time is noted after the final 400 m run is complete.
– Wear green.
– If you are drinking, arrange for a designated driver or Uber ride.
– RX – participants will consume four CANNED 12oz beers (5% alcohol, no light beers)
– Intermediate/Lightweight – participants will consume two 12oz beers and two 12oz root beers or club sodas
– Scaled/Minor/Non-Alcoholic – participants will consume four 12oz root beers or club sodas
-Entry Fee: Free, just show up
– Competitors Need to Bring: your own CANNED beer or CANNED non-alcoholic bubbly drinks
– Starting Time: Noon
– We will award a prize for the male and female winners of each division