Our Diet Philosophy?
Diet is always a hot topic. Our relationship with our athletes usually leads to questions about what we eat in
a day, what we think others should eat, etc. Most people think CrossFitters only eat Paleo or Zone. Social media is full of athletes practicing the diet tracking trend of “if it fits your macros” or “flexible dieting.” Many assume we are super stringent and never veer from clean eating.
What we do believe is that there is no such thing as an easy fix or a one-size-fits-all diet plan that will work for everyone. However, there are some basic philosophies we think
can be applied to most people. They are things like:
- A diet should mainly consist of whole foods, with most meals cooked at home. You should know where your food comes from and you should be able to control what’s in it.
- You should limit sugars and processed foods.
- You should practice moderation. Eat mindfully. Stop when you’re full.
- If you’re not happy with your current body composition, it’s necessary to track your intake to get a baseline. See where you are and where you can improve.
- If you are tracking your food with daily carb, protein and fat targets to hit, get to those numbers with lots of nutrient-dense REAL foods. You’ll benefit from more micronutrients and you will get to eat a lot more
volume than if you were to hit your numbers with things like ice cream, gummy bears and cereal.
- Plan some indulgences and enjoy them! Should you eat cookies everyday – probably not. Can you work in cookies on occasion – yes.
- In the end it’s all about balance.
- Try and eat a healthy carb, lean protein and small amount of fat at each meal.
- If you are planning an indulgence and want some dessert, then don’t go crazy with alcohol. Pick your poison. Again, moderation.
Following the guidelines above is a great start to get your eating on track. If you ever have questions, just ask!
Workout of the Day
21-15-12-9-6 reps of:
Row – calories
Front Squat RX+165/110; RX 135/95; Masters 55+ 115/65
15 minute time cap
3 sets of –
:30 Hollow hold
:30 plank Right
:30 plank Left
2:00 rest between sets
Post your scores to the Whiteboard.