It's Only 18 Minutes
12.3 goes down today! Here are some tips/strategies for conquering this WOD:
– Add lots of mobility work to your warm-up, focusing on ankles, calves and shoulders.
– Bouncing up off the ground is the fastest way to perform the box jumps. But if you have to step down in order to keep moving, do so.
– Don't waste reps by rushing and not showing control on the top of the box.
– If the weight of the push press is going to be an issue for you, start jerking early on to save your shoulders. A push/power jerk is much faster than a split jerk.
– Rest in the rack position, try not to drop the bar.
– If you know your toes to bar will fall apart, you may want to break them up early on. Don't waste reps here by not making contact with the bar with both feet.
– Don't go out of the gate too fast – pace yourself. Keep moving and take a deep breath when transitioning between exercises.
Good luck and have fun!
ONE MORE THING!
the Athertons are having a St. Patrick's Day party today Saturday, starting at 4:00. If you didn't see the sign at the gym and want to attend, call 234-2867 for need directions. See you there!
Workout of the Day:
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 18 minutes of:
15 Box jumps
12 Push press
24" box, 115# push press
20" box, 75# push press
Master's Men 55+:
20" box (may do step-ups), 95# push press
Master's Women 55+:
20" box, 55# push press