7 x 1 Power Position Full Clean + 1 front squat + 1 Push Press + 1 Split Jerk
7 x 1 Power Position Power Clean + 2 Front squats + 1 Push Press + 1 Split Jerk
3 sets of:
8 Step-ups with hip flexion + controlled descent
15 Banded Bridges with D-Ball on hips (use small, thin red bands right above knee, maintain tension)
3 sets of:
10 Parallette Push-ups
10 Inverted Bar Rows
1 set each side of:
2:00 Lizard Stretch
2:00 Pigeon Stretch
CharityWOD – The Workout
NOTE: I still need names for 9 teams and less than half of you have paid the registration fee ($40 per team minimum, make checks to Gifford Youth Orchestra). Help us out and please submit names and checks TODAY. Thank you.
This is going to be fun!
For time (as a team of 2):
50 Thrusters 105/75; Masters 95/65; scaled 55/35
70 calories Ski Erg
50 Burpee over partner (scaled = burpees to a plate)
70 calories Assault Bike
50 Pull-ups (scaled = push-ups)
70 calories Row
*20-minute time cap
- Teams can split up the work any way possible.
- One athlete works at a time.
- Partners MUST TAG (hand slap) in and out. Failure to do so results in a 5-burpee penalty before continuing work.
- Thrusters: hip crease must pass below parallel; athlete must achieve full lockout overhead with the knees and hips open.
- Burpees over partner: one partner lays on the ground while the other starts the movement with chest and thighs on the floor and ends the movement by jumping, using a 2-foot take-off, over the partner on the floor.
- Burpees to a plate: athlete starts with chest and thighs on the ground and end with both feet on the plate. Step-ups are allowed.
- Pull-ups: Athlete must achieve full extension of the arms at the bottom of the pull-up and chin much be clearly over the bar at the top of the movement. Kipping is allowed, including butterfly kipping.
- Push-ups: The movement begins and ends in a plank position with only the hands and feet on the ground. Hand-release may be used.
- Judges will be used.