Ah…it’s that time of you where you resolve to eat better, work out more, be kinder, spend more time with family, etc., etc. Life should be a process of constant change and growth.
Since the beginning of the year signals a mental re-start, I’ve come up with some simple habits – in and out of the
gym – that will make your experience at CFVB even better. What would you add to this list?
- Make a routine of working out in the morning if your days tend to get hectic and an afternoon workout may not happen.
- Check the blog before coming to class so you know what you are expected to perform.
- Arrive early to class and follow the posted warm-up and mobility.
- Write your names on the board when you arrive (this is how we take role, assign heats, etc.)
- Ask questions! Give feedback.
- Live in the moment, focusing on one good rep at a time.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
- Clean up your space, including wiping your chalk and sweat off machines, bars, etc.
- Stick around after the main workout for any assigned mobility, midline and goal work.
- Track your progress. Use either the digital whiteboard on this website or get a notebook. Care enough to know what weights you use,
how you scale, etc.
- Celebrate your successes…ring that PR bell!
- Outside of the gym, be mindful of what you are eating and drinking. Cultivate a healthy relationship with food. Realize what it can do for your body. Slow down when eating. Enjoy planned indulgences.
- Take a barbell class. We have two beginner barbell sessions scheduled each month in addition to two Vero Barbell classes each week. Take advantage of the opportunity to focus solely on the lifts.
- Take a rest day. You shouldn’t be working out every day…your body gets stronger by resting.
- Sleep! Power down your electronics, read a book and aim for 8 hours of shut-eye per night. You may find your stress level, weight and performance improve.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RANA & HANK!
Workout of the Day
Every 2 minutes for 12 minutes/6 sets:
2 Power Clean + 1 Pause Front Squat + 1 Front Squat
Three sets of:
5 push press
5 weighted strict pull-ups
10 inverted bar or ring rows
Three sets of:
10, each leg, mini band single leg box squat, 16″ or 20″ box
DEMO VIDEO – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eKk6oDdAcw
10, each leg, hip thrust
6 glute-ham raises, 3-second negative
Post your scores to the Whiteboard.