Who's The Fittest of Them All?
Announcing: a CFVB competition to find the fittest on the Treasure Coast!
Why: As most of your know, Fight Gone Bad is no longer a world-wide CrossFit fundraiser, but that won't stop us from having our own event for a good cause!
When: Saturday, September 15 at 9 AM
Where: CrossFit Vero Beach
Divisions: Rx, Scaled and Master's (40 and over) – if you are able to do the movements as Rx for most of our WODs, sign up for that division. If not, go scaled. Master's weights will be lighter then Rx and advanced movements, like muscle-ups will not be programmed. You will have an opportunity to change your division after the WODs are announced.
The WODs: To be announced a few days before the competition, but plan on at least two events
Entry fee: $25. Profits benefit the Treasure Coast Food Bank.
Sign up at the gym. Deadline is September 1.
– We will release more details over the next six weeks.
– All competitors will have judges and be held to movement standards.
– There will be prizes! If your business wants to donate prize(s), let me know.
– We've also invited Treasure Coast CrossFit and the competition is limited to members of our two gyms only.
– Spectators are welcome!
– This will be a lot of fun and a great opportunity for first-time competitors.
Workout of the Day:
10 X 2 Deadlifts @ 80%
7 minute AMRAP of:
12 Hand-release Pushups
Midline – 3 sets of
8 “Strict” Weighted Glute-Ham Raises
15 Unbroken GHD Situps
– Pull-ups – complete lock-out at bottom of movement; chin over the bar
– Pistols – one-legged squats to full depth (below parallel)
– Hand-release push-ups – chest to ground, release hands, entire body rises for push-up (no snaking body/keeping legs in contact with floor)