Here’s some general information for Saturday. If you are playing, please review. We will also have a Q&A promptly at 3 PM before game 1.
The tournament will be single elimination. Since we have one court and 10 teams, we felt this was the best way to get everyone through in
a few hours. Here’s the bracket:
Team 1: Free Ballers
Team 2: Ballsagna
Team 3: Balls Deep
Team 4: Dirty Dodgers
Team 5: Team Kamikaze
Team 6: Balls & Dolls
Team 7: Untouchables
Team 8: Vero Beach Ballas
Team 9: Imperious Spirits
Team 10: Bomb Squad
Roster also available as PDF: dodge ball teams
- The game starts with everyone’s feet touching the back line of their
side of the court. On “3, 2, 1, dodgeball” the teams will run to the centerline where 8 balls are evenly spread out.
- If you hit someone with a ball (below the shoulders) they’re
- If you hit someone above the shoulders, you (the thrower) are out!
- If you catch a ball, the thrower of that ball is out and a person on
your team (who is out) is back in!
- If you hold on to a ball for more than 10 seconds, you’re out!
- If every member from a team has been eliminated by the other team, the team that eliminated the other team is crowned winner and will advance
to the next round
- If the time expires before one team has been eliminated, the team with the most “in” players will be crowned the winning team
and advance to the next round
- A ball is dead if it hits any wall, ceiling, or inanimate object unassociated with the game.
How does the game work?
- Each match will consist of 2 teams, 10 players, and 8 balls in game at all times
- Each match is single elimination. This means that the losing team will be eliminated after each match.
- The duration of the matches in Round 1 and 2 is 7:00 minutes
- The duration of the matches in the Semi-Final and the Final is 10:00
- Should the teams be equal after the time expires, the match will be granted a 2:00 over-time
3 sets of
10 banded squat
10 KB Goblet squat
Back squat 3 x 10 @ 60/70%
5 sets, not for time, of:
5 Strict press
10 Bar or ring rows
15 Perfect Push ups
rest 2 minutes between sets
Midline: 3 sets of –
5 Strict toes to bar
:30 Hollow body
:30 Arch hold
Post your scores to the Whiteboard.